Now You See It, Now You Don't - The Case of the Vanishing Wallet


In a hurry this morning to get my husband's car into the shop, he and I suddenly discovered that his wallet, which had moments before been sitting on a plate on his dresser, was now missing. We looked everywhere for it. Retraced his steps out of bed, to the closet, to where we keep our cat's morning medicine, the bathroom, etc. It was gone. We rifled through drawers, looked under the bed and the dressers, behind the home entertainment center, in the laundry baskets - I mean we looked everywhere. It was getting late for our appointment at Pep Boys, so I followed my husband to the repair shop in my car, gave him one of my credit cards, and figured out when his car would be ready (this would involve an Uber ride). I then drove my husband to work and dropped him off. 

On the way I kept saying to him, "The wallet will turn up. It will be some place really weird like next to the cereal or inside a sock." I kept thinking about asking the house for help when I got back home. I didn't have to go in to work until 11:30 so I had lots of time to search for the wallet. Again on my way back home after dropping off my husband, I kept imaging the wallet lying somewhere in the house - I could see it. When I arrived home I walked though the living room and down the hall to the master bedroom and to my complete surprise the wallet was on the Persian carpet to the left of our bed. Right out in the open in plain sight, right where we had been walking and searching earlier - We should have seen it or kicked it at least. It stunned me because it had been perfectly placed there - its edges were parallel with the rug's edges. It was as if someone returned it and wanted me to see it immediately - which I did. I began to scold out loud who/whatever had taken the wallet in the first place. Then it occurred to me that what/whoever took the wallet might not have been the same what/whoever that returned it. I then thanked whatever being or entity had placed the wallet so carefully on the floor for me to find. 

The long and short of it is I have a brand new house cleansing/blessing kit coming from Amazon to clean the house of negative energy, but keep the positive energy intact. My husband insisted that the cat must have moved it, but that seems highly unlikely based on how it was positioned and the fact that there are no tooth or claw marks on the leather. I also tried out his theory by putting the wallet on the floor next to the cat who showed no interest in it whatsoever, not even deigning to sniff it.

Comments

Popular Posts